Tracking User Actions with the Sensorberg Conversion Feature.
The “Conversion” feature enables you to measure user interactions with beacons and campaigns. With this feature you can track the following informations:
- How many users were around the beacon region
- How many campaigns were delivered to the app
- How many campaign actions were performed by users
Currently we have following 3 conversion types
Conversion begins its life as “Suppressed” when our Android SDK generates the Action, even before it’s passed to the host app. This requires no work on your host application side.
Next stage is marking the Action as “Ignored”, which means that you’ve attempted to show it to the user, but you have no knowledge if the user interacted with your notification / alert. To do this call:
- Last stage is marking the Action as “Success” which means that user interacted with your notification. For this to happen call:
- Conversion value for given Action (as identified by UUID) can only move in one direction. This means the order of events is Suppressed -> Ignored -> Success. (what has been seen cannot be unseen) As a result trying to e.g. mark Action that was “Success” as “Ignored” will have no effect.
- You may skip “Ignored” stage if that is what you want and mark Action as “Success” straight away.
In case you need out-of-the-box solution that works with conversions and Notifications we’ve got you covered. Extend the abstract ActionReceiver class and supply your Notification in onGetNotification, plus implement onAction (or onVisitWebsiteAction / onInAppAction / onUriAction if you want to be more specific) callbacks, and the rest of conversion will happen automatically when user taps on it. Remember to put the ActionReceiver extended class in AndroidManifest.xml and use remote process for it.
Enjoy the Conversions!